Virtual assistants are generally reactive: they respond to requests initiated by end users.
With proactive conversations, your AI assistant can engage a conversation with users of your website our web application in the context of what they are doing. They are a powerful addition to your growth marketing toolbox to engage with leads or users at scale with relevant messages.
Proactive conversations are only available on your website with the Botfront chat widget.
Botfront lets you define and combine behavioral conditions that will trigger a specific conversation. Here are a few examples of such conditions:
- A user has visited a particular combination of URLs, in a given order or not.
- A user has returned on the website or on a specific page a certain number of times. Or a user has visited a combination of pages a certain number of times.
- A user has reached a particular section on a page
- A user is on a page for a certain amount of time
A simple example is reaching out to visitors returning to the pricing page.
Other use cases include:
- Target users that has visit the pages of products that can be bundled: an insurance company can let users visiting home and car insuramce product pages know that a discount apples to bundled subscriptions.
- Target users that spend a lot of time reading a particular page: they might be interested in getting in moving forward, especially if they are returning visitors.
You can use the utm tags sent by the advertising server to trigger a targetted message.
The following video shows how you can welcome users landing from a particular campaign on Google.
You can also use custom tags to welcome users that have clicked a link in an email campaign.
As shown in the following video, query string parameters (
first_name) can be used to determine what message to send, but also to greet the user by their first name.